Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Battles for a Continent map

Congrats. That's a nice looking map...have some rep for it now since I missed it before.
    M

Guild Adept Facebook Connected timallen's Avatar

Thanks guys. That means a lot to me.

Quote Originally Posted by timallen View Post
    Well, they didnt like the hills, so I reverted to the original style and added in some colour to the hill top hexes. Then I rounded up all the information boxes that needed to be placed around the map itself, and added those on.

This map came to gether very nicely. It took some time to develop, but I was never unhappy with the direction we were going.

Here is the end result. It is too be part of a game that they hope to release in July or August.
    Ooh, very nice. Just one pet peeve: why is the map itself in French, and all the information boxes around it in English?

Because the battle it portraits is very important in Canadian history, previously the colony was a French ruled colony. The battle in question is when the English turned the tide and began to took over the colony for the British Empire. This is the reason why Canada is a Bilingual nation. However the game itself is an English based game I'm assuming, but uses the geography and names of the time centered around the province of Quebec.
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12