Thread: The Stables WIP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Brilliant! These are exactly the kinds of advice that I've come to know and love about CG.

Tilt - you were totally right about the 'foggy' dirt. I got caught over-using the cloud filter. Already addressed that, and now moving onto the rest of the goodies.

Midgardsormr - Thank you so much for such a comprehensive list. I think i can include just about all of that stuff. I do need to figure out how to slap hooks on the wall--I have been putting it off, as I assume it will be tricky from an overhead perspective. I make all these objects from scratch, and hooks are exactly the kind of tricky perspective problem that I get 'hung up on' so to speak (Aaaah, see what I did there?!) Anyhow, I'll probably remove that table on the left and replace it with a row of hooks. And yep, I am leaving the doors off the map for VTT reasons, and I plan to make little foldable stand-up paper doors for use with this (and the rest of this series) for people who will actually print it out. Now I'm considering making a plow/cart to park outside, as if I didn't already have enough to add.

Ascension - thanks for the extra info! I'm going to write a sample DM-description paragraph for each of these, and little details like rats and cats are exactly the kind of details that make descriptions pop--I'll be sure to include it.

Guild Novice

I must say this is one very well thought out and planned stable, I tip my hat to you for the research and detail your putting into this ever evolving design. I can't wait to see what the final result is.