Often, on the guild, it can be a little hard to determine which of the members are female. In almost all cases it doesn't matter either. I have never really understood why there are so few female programmers too since in school and college they always did real well at maths and there are no shortage of admins using keyboards so it cant be either of those two. I have noticed over the last year only that there is a boom in female gamers tho and maybe this will lead more back towards game creation side of it. There's certainly no shortage of female artists and art directors outside of the games industry. In fantasy there has been some female writes of course but not as many as men but now that we have Harry Potter by Rowling I noticed that in that younger age group the fan base split of Potter is much more even. When I was younger we had Dr Who & Trek and it was almost exclusively a boys thing then but its pretty even now with the newer series so it has definitely changed. When I play networked XBox then it still seems predominantly male tho maybe that's the kind of games I have chosen.

Welcome to the guild - theres a members map in my sig if you have an inclination to stab a pin into it.