Thread: Eberron DMG Battlemap

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm not a CC3 user so I can tell you what's wrong (but not how to put it right!).

1. The repeats on the grass texture are very obvious...if you can in CC3 put another texture on top with a lower opacity and set to multiply / overlay to break up the repeats. if you can still see the repeats, put another one on top of that.
    2. Get rid of the the drop shadow on the blood, it makes it look like it's floating (like tilt said about the bodies), but more so with the blood - the flatter something is, the less of a shadow it casts.
    3. I'm not sure if the structure is meant to be a building or a cave, but the inner line of the walls look a bit weird (looks like you were snapping the corners to the grid), I'd make the inner line follow the outer line a little more.
    4. Are there any other boulder symbols apart from the ones you used? The repeats again are showing (natural features may look similar in shape but they don't look exactly the same) you can get away with it when you have enough different symbols (usually 20 or so depending) so the eye doesn't pick up the fact that some symbols are exactly the same.
    5. The path you've used for the road is a bit angular for something which is textured to look like a dirt track....maybe try to mess up the edges a bit and make it more rounded and (if CC3 will let you) put another texture on top set to overlay or multiply with the opacity reduced a bit.

Hope that helps but it's a very good start for a first map. Much better than mine when I first used CC2.

Best

Ravs