Thread: Another Town Map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

You might just wanna add a drop shadow or some extra relief to your forests to define them a bit more... An outer glow (but a dark one) might work too. Or a dark inner glow for that matter.
    Joshua
    Graphic Designer
    & Amateur Photoshop Cartographer

Some really nice things there - They switchbacks up the hill to the estate and the angled title and font choice really set this one apart.

-Rob A>

I really like this map Jharviss. Although my own tastes are for more muted colours, its wonderfully illustrative and clear. It looks to me like a perfect addition to any adventure module or source book, and would reproduce very well.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

I like it!

You've captured the hills perfectly, there's definitely a sense of undulation to the land. I also love the roads and land texture. I like your bold style and strong colours albeit slightly too much saturation, even for my taste

I have to agree with the comments about the trees though, and I would have added much more variations in colour of the land (different shades of green and some browns and greys for example).

Nice.

I like the way that you've done the hills, they are realistic looking. I do with the others regarding the woods. They just don't look like woods. What RPMiller said about the river might be a nice improvement also.

Still, this is a great looking map even without any modifications.