Thread: Map of my gameworld

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks for the comments and critiques.

@Tilt - funny you mentioned dropping the critter into the sea I had that thought at one point but got sidetracked and forgot it. I think he looks better now, thanks for pointing that out.

I did a little work to see if could make the mountains less blurry - I don't really want to go back and hand cut every one of them but if I have to, I have to. Let me know, I think this does look a little clearer. I may also need to try what giddie said and fuzz up some other stuff. I thought they were a little blurry myself but my wife liked them and she's usually more critical than I am. If I have some time I will attempt a "surreal map version" and we can look at them side by side to see which works best.

@Ascension - It might be a case of wanting to put everything into one map instead of patiently using each style. I might have to go back and create a different ocean but dangit, I just love going for that view down into the water. I'll have to think about another way to show the ocean because nothing is really coming to mind at the moment.

I think the mountains have evolved more than anything else if you compare the original scan. I'm still in that stage where I experiment with everything and these are where I ended up.

Back when I first created this map I was probably reading something like The Sword of Shannara and I think I got the idea for the forests from one of those maps or some other book I read around that time, it's too long ago to recall.

Here is the swimming dragon and touched up mountains. I appreciate everyone's comments because it helps me to double check myself as well as come up with new ways to do things - hopefully, in the process, it also helps the map I'm working on.

edit: and it looks like I may have to do something more with the forests because the mountains seem to me not to quite match as far as painterlyness goes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WorldRegion.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	26769  
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 07-07-2010 at 10:07 PM.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt