Thread: Hovels WIP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lol, I tried to base something of your current location. But while you're at it, grab the chance and try and locate some older structures in Korea, there's bound to be some there! It's almost a sin not to take inspirational/reference pictures

I'm an Archaeology student, and it makes me look at fantasy-mapping a little bit different.

By the way, looking at 17th century homes or buildings (of which there SHOULD be some in the US) would be pretty close to your average medieval home. Different perhaps, but still close. And even the US without it's medieval history is bound to have some museums on the topic.

I don't know if I said this before, but while not entirely logically arranged, your hovels still look GREAT!

Meridius - I have been doing a lot of travelling through Asia for the past couple years and am indeed visiting as many ancient structures as I can, though they are primarily temples palaces and Wats... not too many residential areas, though I just visited the Korean National Museum which did have a huge section on ancient homes--stilted, straw structures (say that five times fast) which will probably pop up in one of my maps at some point!

Sounds to me like you're going to be a valuable member to the guild! It's always nice to have people who actually know what they're talking about. Feel free to tear into my maps any chance you get!

Aval - that sounds super cool but I don't think I trust my artistic abilities to be able to successfully communicate something that neat/complex! I'll have to practice more...