Thread: Hovels WIP

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Meridius,

Thanks again for some awesome comments. They are really helpful! I will also be coming back to these, and most people seem to think a single room would be best, so I'll probably be switching to that. These will be 'generic fantasy setting' but I really appreciate you giving me more to think about--making maps more intentionally designed is something I need to work on (rather than just throwing shapes in and saying 'well, that looks good enough.' More buckets is absolutely a good idea. And removing the rugs, yeah, I even thought that as I was making them. These will be placeable and rotatable (to slap into a town with the other buildings I've made) so I'll leave alignment to whoever puts them together. I will have to add toilets/holes in the ground. Everyone seems to get excited about those!

These aren't meant to be Asian in any way. I actually just happen to be working in South Korea as an English teacher at the moment--I am a Chicagoan in origin, which hopefully explains my unfamiliarity with older structures--America ain't got too many of those...
    Last edited by RecklessEnthusiasm; 07-22-2010 at 12:36 PM.