Thread: November 2007 Entry: Superstition Valley

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post True, but...

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    Regarding matching colors and such - Don't discount translucence. If you keep them black lines on white and then make the white transparent, people can drop the symbol onto any background and have different mountain colors and such.
    Although that is certainly true, the fact that you can't see the join in my maps is because the white is solid. The transparency area beyond the outlined shape is by default "gray". thus the white covers overlap area between mountain modules.

If I were to make the object as "black lines" only, you limit what the modules do by requiring to meet the exact "seam" - its more difficult to join.

I can see the advantages in solid line graphics only, if I could figure a clean way to match up the seams.

Otherwise I only see requiring both black and white to make this object. In the case of color, same thing. Which brings up another problem - if the mountain tops do not touch, the open area at the tops of the mountains are the color of the background beneath the mountain objects. The mapper would be required to place a matching color or fill at the mountain top levels, in situations like these.
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 11-07-2007 at 02:32 PM. Reason: mispelling
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations