Thread: Elemental Chaos - Fire Earth Mote

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I erazor, I guess the question is....what does elemental chaos look like for your 'ground shot'? Maybe something like a particle collision diagram? (attached below). Yes, it's gaussian blur the ground layer and then the cloud layer on the layer above that. I have the blend mode set to 'normal' and just lower the opacity to suit. You could use the render clouds filter in PS but I have a custom clouds filter which gives me a lot more control over clouds. To get the '3d' effect on the mote I just drew some random blobs and gave it a strong bevel and emboss layerstyle. Another way is to use Filter / Render / Lighting effects. Play with the settings until you have something that you like but where it says channels at the bottom of the menu, pick one of the channels in your drawing (red green or blue) rather than the default setting or better still, make a greyscale channel of your heightmap.

::: Edit Ooops, thanks Seretur attachment attached now:::
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cmsexperimentlhc.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	26779  

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    I erazor, I guess the question is....what does elemental chaos look like for your 'ground shot'? Maybe something like a particle collision diagram? (attached below)
    No attachment. Your description of how to make it makes it sound like it looks cool, though.