Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Who are you gals/guys anyway?

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RecklessEnthusiasm View Post
    @Diamond - Happy (belated) birthday! Good to hear you quit smoking. I just did the same a few months back. I do still smoke cigars, which my girlfriend hates with the burning intensity of ten thousand suns.
    No no, I still smoke (like a chimney); I quit drinkin' and whorin' though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Oliva
    Riverside in southern California
    That's where I grew up!

My name is Bryan, and I was born in 1976 in Wichita, KS, where I lived until two years ago. I am currently in Denver, CO studying visual effects at the Art Institute of Colorado, where I am the president and founder of a student chapter of SIGGRAPH, and as of today I am an intern with the Open Media Foundation. I also serve as web administrator for the Christian Gamers' Guild and public relations officer for Fans for Christ.

I have been married for almost four years, and my wife is also an Art Institute student studying Graphic Design. Upon graduation in December, we plan to move to Los Angeles so I can find a job in film or television. No kids yet, nor plans for any; we've got over $100k in student loans to pay off before that stage of our lives. I have a sister, four years younger, and a brother, 18 years younger than I.

I've been going by the handle Midgardsormr since 1992, I think, when I first signed on to a local Bulletin Board Service (BBS). The name is the Saxonized form of the Midgard Serpent of Norse mythology, by the way; I get that question a lot.

Other than cartography and roleplaying, my hobbies include board games, video games, television, mathematics, reading, music (percussionist primarily), philosophy, theology, video, theatre, writing, motion graphics, sound reinforcement, etc. Yeah, I'm easily distracted.

My website is at http://www.bryanray.name , where I also maintain a production blog. And of course, I'm also on Facebook and LinkedIn.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected JoeyD473's Avatar

My name is Joey. I was born in 1981 in New York City, where I still reside. I am very active with Boy Scouts and spend most of my evening at scouting meetings/events. I have been playing RPGs since 1987 (Maybe 88). I have degrees in Computer Engineering, History and Education, though I am looking for work as a web Developer (if you know of any junior PHP developer positions in the NYC area let me know). You cna find me on facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter (@JoeyD473)
    Last edited by RobA; 07-09-2010 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Oliva View Post
    What a bunch of wet-behind-the-ears young puppies!
    Born Appleton, Wisconsin, USA, 1943 (no typo there).
    Greetings, venerable one! It's obviously a maths certainty that there is, somewhere, an unofficial gerontocrat among us! Could you be the one? Our own Guild "Yoda"???
    --
    "I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man"

My Finished Stuff
    ............. Some of my 3D Stuff (POVRay)

To improve the balance I'll side with some minorities (youngsters, females):

My real name is Jeanette, I'm 22 and right now finishing my studies at Uni. I was born in West Germany in 1988, then moved to Montreal, and then back to Europe. Currently I'm living in the beautiful area around the Lake of Constance. I'm not married nor do I have any children. I had a pet rabbit once if that counts
    I'm a passionate roleplayer, or perhaps a passionate gamer overall- board games, computer games, video games... Drawing has been a trait in my family ever since, I'm the third generation that didn't get round to becoming an architect. Playing around with Photoshop will forever be a hobby, but who cares as long as it's fun? So one day when I was procrastinating instead of doing some research for my state exam thesis I stumbled across this wonderful community... and here I am
    Now that the warm fuzzy part is over we can get back to the ritual dismemberments. Oh wait, it's not Tuesday is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Aelyn
    Playing around with Photoshop will forever be a hobby, but who cares as long as it's fun?
    My thoughts exactly.

John, b. 1977, married (7 years) and one child (3.5). Grew up in Florida, got my degree from NYU (Marketing and International Business). Lived and worked in Thailand off-and-on for about 3-4 years. Now we're back in Florida with a mortgage in a bad real estate market, so I guess I'll be sticking around here for a while . Currently managing search engine marketing for a large sports media company and do a lot of freelance SEO work, which unfortunately leaves very little time for cartography or any other hobbies.

I started playing DnD as a kid on Boy Scout camping trips and quickly found myself drawn to maps. Nowadays I primarily use CC3 and occasionally play around with PhotoShop and SketchUp, but mostly I just lurk around here to see all the cool stuff everyone else is making.
    FantasyMapMaker.com - free fantasy maps for commercial or personal use ~ Campaign Cartographer 3 Review

Quote Originally Posted by Crayons View Post
    Greetings, venerable one! It's obviously a maths certainty that there is, somewhere, an unofficial gerontocrat among us! Could you be the one? Our own Guild "Yoda"???
    No way. I'm the reincarnation of Groucho Marx.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Oliva View Post
    No way. I'm the reincarnation of Groucho Marx.
    Yoda Marx. A starting point of Karl or Groucho doesn't really matter at that point...

Quote Originally Posted by waldronate View Post
    Yoda Marx. A starting point of Karl or Groucho doesn't really matter at that point...
    "The Force you have mastered. Now learn you will either comedy or communism."

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast