Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Who are you gals/guys anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    "The Force you have mastered. Now learn you will either comedy or communism."
    If you ever had watched East German TV news before the fall of the wall, you might have pondered whether they aren't the same thing.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Quote Originally Posted by RecklessEnthusiasm View Post
    @Arsheesh - nice to see someone else who's interested in Ethics on here, I really enjoyed studying it at Uni, despite the resulting dismal job prospects. Do you have a favorite thinker?
    I have a soft spot for classical and medieval figures, particularly Aristotle and Aquinas. As far as contemporary thinkers go, I have been influenced by figures such as Rosalind Hursthouse, Robert C. Roberts, Linda Zagzebski, Julia Annas, Nancy Sherman, John Greco and a host of others whose names probably won't be recognized by the majority of people reading this. Suffice it to say, I'm interested in thinking about, and learning to be, virtuous (still got a long way to go, but taking baby steps).

Do you have any particular favorites RecklessEnthusiasm?

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

not to interrupt a great discussion, but we seem to be driftin off course - BUT, thank you all for joining the thread - so nice to learn more about you
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

For our Yoda Marx...

Via duct we will take... No goose you have

Have peanuts I do, get them while raosted still you should...
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

Some of the books I have written, or am still writing...
    My Lulu Store

I'm Andrew, born in Sydney 1981. Married, no kids. Been into D&D since early highschool like most of D&D players really. Played Magic the Fleecing for a long time before I "saw the light" and started playing Vampire: the Eternal Struggle. Mapping has been an indirect interest of mine as I've had a major campaign world sketched on paper, built a couple of campaign worlds/settings and been involved in convention-sized monthly campaigns in the past.

I've got a degree in Mathematics and Theoretical Inorganic Chemistry, another in Education and a long history of music performance and commentary. I'm working as a Teacher, but I've done a bunch of other things over my time so far.

My hobbies include, reading, writing, listening to music, board games, card games, cartography, computer games (like Wii games)... and... and... and...
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

Some of the books I have written, or am still writing...
    My Lulu Store

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Robert Altbauer, born 1977, not married (yet) but girlfriend, no kids, a 3 month old kitten. I am jurist and scientific affiliate in the Austrian Institute for European Law and Policy in Salzburg. I came here initially because I made some alternate history maps and stumbled upon this site. I've turned my hobby into a business meanwhile and now luckily I get a constant stream of interesting commissions.

B u m p !!!
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

Guild Apprentice Terraformer_Author's Avatar

Bill Roach here - I am the author of the Terraformer Add-On for Fractal Terrains Pro, I am in my early forties, I'm into classic rock, alternative rock, grunge, metal, and several other ecclectic music genres. I like comedies, action movies, some horror movies if they actually have a plot line - and do not have scripts that were typed out by a chimp wearing boxing gloves. I also like some Sci Fi movies, again, if they actually have a story line that isn't convoluted with plot twists and tech jargon - and doesn't exist merely as yet another platform for Industrial Light And Magic or Pixar to play "show and tell".

On occassion I actually read books which are not in .PDF form and did not come installed on a "Kindle".

I'm a Cancer (according to my sister - who has always had a penchant for name calling). I like Pizza, sub sandwiches and hoagies, chinese food (except seschwan soup - because it makes me want to hurl chunks). I'm politically middle of the road, I'm a protestant - even though there are moments when I get aggravated and swear like a drunken sailor, or comment on how I would love it if Mariah Carey were to ******CENSORED******* me with an extreme sense of purpose. I drink on extremely rare occasions. I love caffiene in all it's varied forms. Though I have no children myself - puppies, kittens, koala bears, and short people often bring out my parental, nurturing side.

...Regards

Wow, I can't believe I didn't respond to this thread at some point . . .

Roger, born (or hatched, depending on your point of view) in 1965 and raised in Oregon. I've lost track of how many different states I've lived in over the years thanks to my military service and one failed marriage, but there are a number of them.

I spent most of my adult life as a marine electrician/mechanic, but got tired of all the scrapes, burns, bruises and cuts (not to mention a few broken bones) and decided it was time for a career change. Now I am (gasp) an Assistant Manager for a fairly significant Convenience Store chain and spend waaaaaaay too many hours at work for my liking. Makes me think it might be time for another career change.

I am, and always have been, an avid reader with a personal library of roughly 300 real books, most of which are of the Sci-Fi or Fantasy genre. My favorite authors are Orson Scott Card, Melanie Rawn, Tolkien and McKiernan. I play guitar and was, for a short time, a member of a garage band. Musically speaking, I listen mostly to Old School Heavy Metal, Classical, Blues and Sister Hazel. I love watching Hockey, College Football (Go Ducks and Beavers!) and the occasional Baseball game. Like a couple others, I probably smoke too much (trying to quit) and drink waaaay too much coffee. Fortunately, I gave up serious alcohol consumption several years ago and am happy to say that my liver and I are on speaking terms again. Mapping, writing and artwork are hobbies for me, though I think it would be great to turn any one (or all) of them into a profession. As far as RPing goes, I spent a good 15 to 20 years at the table, but these days, I participate in chat-based free-form RP more than anything else.

Oh, and if nobody's figured it out yet, I am absolutely fascinated by wolves.

And that's me.

GW
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Looks like I'm on the aged end of this particular grayscale :-)... enjoyed maps for probably 45 years, and drawn them for 44.

Jake: husband to a delightful lady, dad to 7. Born in Tennessee in '59, Christian since '76, married since '82, in Alabama since '91. For those of you outside the USA, that's "south" then "further south". Engineer by degree, web/computer guy in current job. Writer, reader, mapper, tinkerer by inclination. Coach some kids' soccer, play some mountain dulcimer & tinwhistle, like to sing but can't well. Like kids, maps, trains, geography, science fact & fiction, words, and the woods. Eat vegetarian, but not brussels sprouts. Like to help out. Tend to cook without recipes, but travel with many maps. I take God at His word, figuring He invented language so his Word is exact, not vague. Know my *understanding* is indistinct. I take God very seriously, and myself not seriously at all. Way too easily amused, but don't get easily bored. Not easily offended - as a superhero I would be Captain Oblivious. Have power-tool-induced hearing loss, children-induced hair loss, and think life without subwoofers would be no loss.

I participate in a couple of geofiction worlds, Aurora and Scandia, which has given me room to practice some digital mapping for about ten years. I enjoy most aspects of worldbuilding, then too the storytelling of a world once devised. For me maps tell stories. In my forays into geofiction it's the landforms, the physical geography that beget nations, peoples, and events.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast