Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Cartographers' Guild Presents Our First Gallery Show!

Quote Originally Posted by torstan View Post
    I wanted the earth to swallow me.
    Pfft, like the LHC wouldn't take care of THAT. /tired joke

And yes, it's really exciting. The reception to the show has been great, and with the launch this week it should create a lot of buzz. I've got loads more photos (including Ysi Earth!) and I'll get them up. I plan to have photos of every map up on a wall so that everyone has a photo to take away.
    GIMME GIMME GIMME

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

See, sometimes it's a shame the LHC didn't create a black hole And those jokes never get old.... Just wait until it turns on at full energy in 2011 - they'll all come out and do the rounds again.

we all know that the LHC won't go to full power until 2012 and then the Mayans will be correct. Personally, I think the whole 2012 thing has to do with the inability of the seers, sorcerers, soothsayers, prognosticators, and people scrying into the future can't read a digital signal and most of the news outlet feeds will be digital by 2012, but that is a story for another time...

anywho... This show is an awesome story and I have a few NYC friends who are going to make the trip and see it. How do we know what they did with our blurbs?
    Something witty and pithy

If you're particularly concerned then send me an email and I'll track down the version that's going up and email it back to you. But of course there are 40 people in the show and it all takes time, so please do this if you're particularly concerned rather than just every single person.

no worries, I don't think I answered anything in a way that could be cut into something offensive without the editor having malicious intent. I was more just curious to see if there were a way to look at it easily. So how many balls do you have in the air right now, Torstan? You have got to be doing some serious juggling right now.

Oh one or two

(moving house, changing position, visas, science projects, super secret Open Design logo, all the maps everyone wants done for Gen Con, new blog design and art - and around 40 artists and a gallery opening)

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

And a partridge in a pear tree.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I just found this one on the Internets

a quick video of 4 or 5 maps in the exhibit

Nice find. Man, those are some awesome maps. When I see stuff from Maranda and Schley and some of the other folks in the exhibit it makes me realize I probably shouldn't have a map there
    M

Someone's Google-fu is getting a work-out. For those that want to see this in a more civilised setting - you can see it here:
    http://fantasticmaps.wordpress.com/terra-incognita/

We wanted to give reporters a sped up, cropped web preview of the show so they could get a taste of the format.

In other news - it's up on the Artorder blog (by WotC Art Director John Schindehette):
    http://artorder.blogspot.com/2010/07...-mark-zug.html

It's towards the bottom - in the 'On the Radar' section.

... and front page news on today's ENWorld.
    Last edited by torstan; 07-20-2010 at 12:22 PM.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast