Thread: Eino, My First Map

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Seretur View Post
    Wow, you did your first tutorial translating it from Gimp to PS? Nice!
    Oh, I don't know. I've always found them to be quite similar in design, so I think I've actually probably used more PS tutorials for various things over the years than GIMP ones (wait, that makes me sound like I'm an expert in GIMP because I've been using it for "years." Believe me, I'm not. I just learned what layer masks were yesterday...).
    Quote Originally Posted by Seretur View Post
    Lexicons are always the hardest part of conlanging. I don't think I've ever gotten more than 200 entries in mine
    Yeah, this is the first time that I've ever gotten more than about 100 or so. It's because I finally actually like this one, and I have a fairly thorough derivational system which helps to create lots of words with fewer roots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gidde View Post
    My only crit so far is that it's all very faint against the background. Any chance of upping the contrast a bit?
    Okay, I'll work on that, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by tilt View Post
    now you're ready for varying the symbols more so you'll have different looking elements in the map and not just the same element in different sizes.
    Quote Originally Posted by hohum View Post
    The only problem I see is that some of the larger trees give the impression that they are mountains. I wouldn't mind the variable tree size so much if they didn't get so huge.
    Yeah, the major thing that I dislike about this map is the mountains and forests, but I haven't figured out exactly how to do it much better. The layout of the forests and mountains is pretty much exactly what I had in mind, but I'm not a fan of the symbols, and yeah, they all look the same. That's one of my next projects, along with the compass, scale, labels, and perhaps cities.
    Last edited by nai888; 07-08-2010 at 02:21 PM.
    Žentaňwes lekjetkom nen řiniŧom.

My WIP
    My DeviantArt