Thread: Caliburn

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map Caliburn

I finally finished this map for a setting that I am designing. I'm not at all artistically gifted so it took me forever. Also I wouldn't have been able to complete it without everything I learned here at the guild. Special thank you's going out to my cartography heroes. First to Pasis whose tutorial showed me I could make maps despite my aforementioned lack of artistic talent. Second to Ascension for showing me that maps can be more than just maps, they can be works of art. Finally to Ramah, not only for the use of him map elements, but for being my Yoda of Cartography. Vaniya still remains my favorite map of all time and the biggest influence on this map. Thanks guys!

Caliburn is an Arthurian Legend inspired setting. Its King Arthur equivalent has died and his once mighty united Kingdom is fractured into many smaller kingdoms. There are three version of the map. The first is a political map that shows the various kingdoms. The second is an Ethnic map that traces the ancestry of the population of Caliburn. The final is a religious map that shows the two conflicting faiths.

I'm still making minor tweaks here and there, but by and large the map is finished and I'm pretty happy with the end result. It may not be great compared with what some other people are capable of, but it is the best that I have managed to date!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CaliburnG1.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	3.63 MB 
ID:	26843   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New CaliburnFinal_Ethnic_Low Res.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	3.37 MB 
ID:	26844   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New CaliburnFinal_Religion_Low Res.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	4.31 MB 
ID:	26845