Thread: Ereshka world map

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Midgardsormr View Post
    It if helps your planning any, that arc of islands to the east of C3 looks like it might be the edge of a tectonic plate. There's likely to be a lot of seismic activity in those islands and along the southeastern edge of C3. There are probably some volcanoes in those areas, also. The ocean between C1 and C3 reminds me of the Atlantic between South America and Africa, where two plates are moving apart.
    Thanks, I did take your suggestion when I was outlining my tectonic plates.

Here's so far... final complete landmass, ocean, mountains and elevation (sort of). I'm trying to do a satellite-style map first, so I have something very detailed to reference when I'm working on single-continent/region maps.

I tried to make ocean trenches (following my seperating tectonic plates, like I made the mountains along the ones smooshing themselves together ) but, it failed pretty drastically. It just looked like more underwater ridges/mountains. I tried searching for trenches or canyons tutorials, but no such luck. : / oh well. They're not terribly important, unless we're getting dumped in some underwater culture at some point. And I don't think there are any of those. >.>

So, now off to figure out how to match the climate/ecosystems he wants with what I managed to map. Should be interesting. :p
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ereshka World Map.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	101.9 KB 
ID:	26909  
    "Man, despite his artistic pretensions, his sophistication and many accomplishments, owes the fact of his existence to a six-inch layer of topsoil and the fact that it rains." --Unknown