View Poll Results: Which of the three would you prefer?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • The one on the left.

4 11.43%
  • The one in the middle.

18 51.43%
  • The one on the right.

13 37.14%

Thread: Which style do you prefer for a battle tile?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The first one the pattern tile too much. The second one with RobA's script is much nicer, now the floor look good. The white areas are very white though although I know its for printing purposes. On the last one, I like the idea of a "rock" pattern in the walls, but the fade to white suddenly draws attention to the walls instead of the floor, so get rid of that ... and then work a bit more on the rock texture and you might have a winner. But as they stand now - nr. 2 is the winner
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

If the setting would be medieval-ish fantasy, then the middle one is best, because with its texture it looks more like cut stone blocks than floor tile. Along with the shading and clear borders between the floor and unused space (white) the look is appropriate and effective.

The left one just has the problem of the obvious repeating pattern, and the right one takes the focus away from the floor.
    "I AM THE LAW!"
    - Flaming Fist Mercenary

My Art / Photos / Maps