Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Map of the Continent of Gurn

Hohum - Thanks a bunch! I didn't even think about the mountains, actually--they just kind of came out ISO. Oops. Like I said, this would be about ten times easier with a tablet. The mountains and ridges would have come out a lot nicer, and a lot more regular...

Dndungeoneer - I'm glad you appreciate it! My first attempt really was awful, and I was mostly interested because it was an opportunity to try a new style I've never done before.

I'm happy to add the other features (already added the hills). Does the river run from the mountains east to west, bisecting the forest? As a side note, rivers don't spontaneously fork (like the one running south from the mountains) but I wanted to stay true to your request. I also added that river running into the marsh of my own intuition, but I can delete that easily if you'd like.
    Last edited by RecklessEnthusiasm; 07-16-2010 at 12:21 PM.

Reckless,

If you can find a better way to represent the Winspur, the river with the fork, please do! I don't know how geography should look so if you can think of a more natural look, even without a fork go right ahead. As for the river through the forest, I don't rightly know; I'd have to leave it to how you think it would run based on what you've drawn. The river running to the marsh is just fine, I saw that and was kind of like "Duh! The water must come from somewhere!".
    Last edited by Dndungeoneer; 07-16-2010 at 12:33 PM.

Map

Glad to help, my friend. Consider it a free sample! If you ever want to pay for some more in-depth work, you know where to come!

I made the fork into two separate rivers so the river police don't come a-knocking (while still, I think, sectioning off Arthekor), tossed on a few islands to the continent doesn't look so lonely, and added the Emerald-Wash (the Faerun map just has the rivers running right over the forests, so I did the same). Also tried to mimic the other map's labeling, and included a version with and without for your ease in adding roads, city markers, and labeling in the future.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gurn 2.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	447.2 KB 
ID:	27148   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gurn with names.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	493.2 KB 
ID:	27147  

Must appreciated Reckless, and I will definitely be coming to you for some paid work in the future!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12