Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Crescent Empire

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Another yea vote on the coastal ring. This looks great.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I think these forests (jungles, actually) turned out fairly okay. I was trying to go for something subtle that fit in with the color scheme of the rest of the map, blending in with it, yet still being distinct as a separate terrain type. What do y'all think?

Also added in more text.

One other thing I want to do is have a scrap of parchment in the lower right corner that'll be 'stuck' to the map with a pin or needle of some sort, a note from a scribe describing the lands to his prince. There was a map on here by Djekspek called The Kailon Empire where he did something like that and it looked pretty nifty, so I want to try my own version of that effect and see how it looks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TheCrescentEmpire5.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	568.8 KB 
ID:	27185  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I agree that the forests/jungles fit well - nice job on those. I think the city markers are a bit large though.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

It looks neat! How did you do the jungle texture? Is it some grass texture originally?
    I second Steel General, but mostly i think the high contrast of the rings is mismatching rest which is paler.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Thanks, guys.

@SG: I'll work on 'em (the cities). I like the ring effect, and I wanted them a little large, but like JIB says the contrast between them and the landscape is too great.

@JIB: Yeah, it's a grass texture; I think I got it from Genetica originally: http://www.spiralgraphics.biz/packs/

Wow, beautiful as always Diamond. I am continually impressed at the stuff you come up with. I particularly like your mountain ranges and overall color scheme. Also, using golden rings to designate cities was an interesting touch as well.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123