Thread: Cenedlyser

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks for all the feedback, guys! I appreciate it!

I am using Paint Shop Pro 9 to make the map.

About the enclaves - Cenedlyser is actually part of a large nation, called the Republic of Shaelia. It's one of 10 autonomous regions in the country, essentially independent in most things but foreign relations, military, and a few other areas reserved for the national government. The enclaves used to be part of a truly independent Kingdom of Cenedlyser. About 200 years ago, the two crowns (Shaelia and Cenedlyser) joined via marriage and have been together ever since. There is a lot of history in those 200 years that I won't get into here, but Cenedlyser was sort of punished by Shaelia when the area was restructured and most of the land you see in Masion was taken away from it. It was left with four enclaves, mostly because the people there demanded to remain part of Cenedlyser and not be absorbed in the new administrative region of Masion. Most of that area is still heavily Cendlese, is Cendlese speaking, and is politically active to be rejoined with Cenedlyser.

Below is an updated version of the Cenedlyser map. I blurred the roads, highways, rivers, and border outlined and softened some of the colors. I think it looks better, but I'd like some more knowledgeable opinions. This is my first attempt at this kind of style and I'm really not sure what I'm doing The border outline, in particular, is giving me fits, and I'm not happy with the way it looks and will keep experimenting.

Take care.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cen atlas.png 
Views:	113 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	27022  
    Scott
    American by birth. Shaelic by choice
    Current projects: The Kingdom of Shaelia & The Republic of Clairone

I wrote a novel . . . and published it! Click here & check it out

Do you ever get down on your knees and thank God that you know me and have access to my dementia?
    ~ George Costanza