Thread: Unofficial Map Challenge

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Yeah, I'll do a basic layout in Paint. Not really sure what I can accomplish with Paint but it's worth a shot. I'll have SOMETHING posted in a day or two.

OK, here's a really basic layout I came up with. Don't laugh. It took me an hour using Paint. It sucks, it's unlabeled, and it doesn't really show scale, but it should give a general idea what I am aiming for. The purple circle is the Marketplace/Bazaar, the white circle w/black outline is the Arena. The red circle is the "Parade Ground" (for lack of a better name). The little white boxes are the temples. The yellow box is the main temple. The hollow gray outlined boxes are the noble estates. I put some little brown dots by the little lake to indicate the merchant village. The black spots are the non-restored areas. Everything else should be fairly obvious, except that I didn't indicate any housing. My mouse is in bad enough shape without me clicking a thousand times to add a bunch of brown dots.

I'll probably tweak it and add some more details later.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	genericmapme4.png 
Views:	77 
Size:	7.0 KB 
ID:	1357  

Hi Keedo - interesting proposal.

Have you seen Keith Curtis's map of the City of Tallon? It's very close to your map (one island instead of 4 and the quarters located in slightly different places). You can find it here and Keith's comments about the map on this thread.

I'm tempted to have a go at your map (although don't expect anything like the beauty and detail in Keith's map), but let me think about it. What sort of timescale did you have in mind?

Ravs

I'd also love to give this a go, but I couldn't promise anything on timescales. I need to start looking at settlement and city designs again for my world. I've left it too long due to other commitments.
    Google Groups for FGII Games:
    European FG2 RPG - Fridays & Sundays (8pm UK time)
    Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games

LOL, no problems ... I shall be adventuring in the Babylon 5 universe for some time to come I think. I could possibly look at the city map over the next couple of week as I've got a minor op coming up and a couple of weeks recovery time. It'll all depend on how I feel though. This may give me something to keep me occupied whilst recovering. Usually, between work, family, and the couple of hours gaming I get to do a week; my time becomes a bit thin on the ground. Sigh .... real life just seems to get in the way at times.
    Google Groups for FGII Games:
    European FG2 RPG - Fridays & Sundays (8pm UK time)
    Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games