Oops, I just realized that I never posted any introduction of myself here even though I began working on stuff here about two or three weeks ago!

I have admittedly never made a map before. Ever. Other than those little hand-drawn ones on napkins for directions, of course, but those are always thrown away and most certainly not considered works of art. However, I've been ConLanging for a good year or two now, and I've recently been working on one that I have actually gotten rather far with. However, it was getting to the point in my vocabulary creation at which the culture of the speakers influences the way words may be created. Thus began my first venture into basic ConCulture. However, I realized that it's difficult to have a ConCulture without having a ConWorld (or at least a portion of one), which requires mapping the area in question. Suddenly, I was thrust into a world of mapmaking. So, I searched online, looking for tips and tricks for how to make a good looking map, and I found myself at the pearly gates of this forum. Well, as I said, I've been here now for two or three weeks, and I'm quite astonished at how much I'm enjoying creating this map of the land of Eino in which my ConLanguage Eindo is spoken (by the way, you can find the WIP thread for the map that I'm working on here). Thus I'm thinking that even when I finish this particular map, I somehow don't think it will be my last.