Thread: WIP - Veia

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Default WIP - Veia

After roughly a week of trying (and failing) to reproduce the ocean from my Belgariad map, I've finally come up with something I can at least live with on this one (and recorded the steps to get to it).

This project is a result of an epiphany I had in regards to my seemingly endless writer's block ... I was writing about a world where I didn't want to be, full of the same stuff that makes me angry about this one. As an escapist reader, this is probably opposite of what I ought to be doing. So this is the world map (yep, it's small, the world itself is roughly Mars-sized and this is the only known grouping of land on it) for my new project: a world to which I'd actually want to go, and a novel centered around the things I love, not the things I hate. Hopefully it will flow a little better. At least I've written some words on it, which is much better than I can say for the other one over the last year and a half.

Anyway, what I have so far are just ocean and basic landforms with base color/texture on them. I've also started on the heightmap for the land and I'm posting that up too; this is the technique I used for the Belgariad mountains. Since all of the landforms in this world are volcanic, formed in a single massive (and divine) flurry of volcanic events, I'm using it for the general height of the land as well. We'll see how it goes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	post1.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	4.49 MB 
ID:	27121   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	post2.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	3.38 MB 
ID:	27122