Thread: Wargame map (Battletech, 6 mm games)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Yes, I've done that way, unwrapping the UV coordinates to image, then ading texture in photoshop. As for folding, the model must be very simple, instead it would be a pain to build it. So no zillion polygons allowed) I've done like that in the first images I posted, those structures were just simple blocks with images aplied. Theese buildings really stand out, rather than painted on the map in 2d. With terrain it is a little more complicated. For example for Battletech, there is no need in 3d landscape, just plain maps and hexes. But to make realistic image for the battleground, that's the question №1)

1. to draw it by hand, as detailed as possible, untill it looks like a concept art for Star Wars movie
    2. Discover some secret techniques in photoshop, which will make life more easier and still look good

The first thing is, I need just to get rid of my lazyness and get to work) If you like, I'll post the image with my artwork - illustration to a Battletech novel, and thats the style I was talking about. Long and a bit boring process.

And thanks for replies!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_ Мародер_ copy15.jpg 
Views:	440 
Size:	142.1 KB 
ID:	27154