Thread: My first real try with CC3/CD3. The City of Udenford.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Had to keep coming back to look to find the things my mind was saying "something just seems...off".

It is good, great even, but I do agree with some of the comments above. The fields & trees and stuff seem to have a slight bluring effect on them that does not exist on the buildings. As to the shadows...the seem almost all uniform. When I do cities like that in CC3 I try and put the trees on one sheet, the hedges on another, the walls & towers on a third, and the buildings on a forth. I then apply different length shadows to them to give the illusion of different heights. You also maybe might want to 'harden' the shadow effect a bit so they show up more.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Guild Novice

Thanks everyone for your comments. Nice with some feedback. I'll post a new image as soon as I have had the time to make som changes.
    Plan is to check the shadow lenghts (Have most of the objects in diffrent sheets so it shouldn't be a problem), the blurring and of course the "massive walls" issues. Oh, and of course the odd shaped houses. Will post a new pic later in the week.

Guild Novice

Finally got some to continue with my first CD3 city.

Some of the things done are:
    * Added different shadow lengths for walls, towers, trees, hedges, buildings
    * Disabled most of the blur sheet effects that I had in the previous version.
    * Made the walls half as thick as before
    * Removed the odd shaped houses.
    * Added a simple border and a "places of interests" thingy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Udenford1280.jpg 
Views:	297 
Size:	682.3 KB 
ID:	27542