Thread: Online Gaming Map Project

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Apprentice

The geographical accuracy is not important in terms of scale - colours etc, it just needs to have desert appearance a river going from the south to the north so users see it and go "thats the nile" where the water would be - as for how accurate the meandering direction is doesn't matter - not to the users. What i meant by the "accuracy" was things like theres green vegetation around the river and then desert further out instead of just a river and sand The satellite image was to show you the main zoom level for the first layer.

For the map type i would say something like : http://www.cartographersguild.com/at...0&d=1233094574

Thats more than amazing but i would need to chat with all who take part (the more people the quicker it be done by using project sharing via my server) prior to starting so theres no confusing on what is needed for the game engine to work - because as the maps are made im coding the game engine to go with it.

It sounds interesting and having a map that is being seen by a bunch of folks would be cool.
    Thats only part of the exciting bit - the main excitement is the fact people can walk around the map and visit buildings etc like a proper game Though that stuff is what i have to do.

The structure is like this:

3 Tier zoom:
    North Region > Zooms - Mini regions inside north regions > Zooms - Towns in the mini reigion
    South Region > Zooms - Mini regions inside north regions > Zooms - Towns in the mini reigion

I know the towns/locations etc i can place them on via my scripts
    Last edited by cu11; 07-31-2010 at 12:50 PM.