Thread: Online Gaming Map Project

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

RR those colors look a lot like sandstone tiles we have all over the place here in Arizona. I see them constantly, it would be no problem for me to take a close up photograph of some of the more interesting ones to use as a background texture. I've been thinking of doing this anyway but this would give me added impetus. Not sure if I have a good enough camera but if you are interested I will post back. If not, I may just create one for myself.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Guild Apprentice

A plain colour with a texture of sand will do me - doesn't need to be many shades of sand - photo realism might be "too" real plus its too hard to get it too realistic when the users won't notice

EDIT: i could use that as the initial first zoom image then the next zooms would need to be created (north and south). The concern with it - is the image doesn't look like part of a game due to how strong the realism is.
    Last edited by cu11; 08-02-2010 at 12:27 PM.

Guild Apprentice

Whilst you do that ill make a template on my site so you can see how it looks - ill edit this when i've done it with the link.

http://tinyurl.com/353b9ud

You need to sign up and have a Game Name to see the page (dont need to activate your email) - but once you have and you are in the game edit the php url to /map.php this will take you to the preview page.

I applied the satellite image for demonstration purposes..and as you can probably see it just looks too real for the rest of the game.

EDIT: If you let me know your gamer name i can message you the map link.
    Last edited by cu11; 08-02-2010 at 03:54 PM.