Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: TreeThing

Really glad to see that you're back to TTT! I'm using it on a map commission I'm working on now and working my dedication of thanks to you as an easter egg in the map. I'll put it up here when it's done!

The first test is looking pretty good!

I am having a world of trouble with this program. I simply can't load a template. I create my mask in photoshop and save as a PNG (on it's own layer, with transparency etc). I then load into tree thing and select it as my imported template - but nothing happens. I can see it HAS loaded whatever the file is, but I can't do anything, and all I'm presented with is the default square of trees. I've tried many different variations of the file saving process in Photoshop - but nothing is working. Can someone please help me. I really hope this isn't a bug!

Thanks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by darkenraja View Post
    I am having a world of trouble with this program. I simply can't load a template. I create my mask in photoshop and save as a PNG (on it's own layer, with transparency etc). I then load into tree thing and select it as my imported template - but nothing happens. I can see it HAS loaded whatever the file is, but I can't do anything, and all I'm presented with is the default square of trees. I've tried many different variations of the file saving process in Photoshop - but nothing is working. Can someone please help me. I really hope this isn't a bug!

Thanks.
    What size is the template you are trying to load? It has a problem with templates above a certain size but I'm not sure of the exact size - it may be dependant up on the amount of ram you have in your machine. Also... is this PC or mac? Because I think I destroyed mac compatability several updates ago when I included swingworkers. It may work on the latest OS for mac as I believe that included an up to date java build but I've never been able to verify that.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Seems to look fine for me. What would be the maximum Mountainsize? And could you stabilize the program to work with Templates of 10.000 px and highter?

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

thats pretty good for a first test!

Blog Entries

Still quick brushes but a few more now in the mix - 18 in total I think. Other than "brush weighting" the program doesn't yet try to be clever about placements so that (in conjunction with the limited brushes) means there will be lots of places where brushes are repeated or so close to each other that it is obvious.

Some improvement on the general positioning (this is one of three different placement algorithms) but currently only uses the shape of the template and difference in brush size to create randomness in positioning. No jitters or anything yet, and if my logic is correct I won't need jitters like TreeThing, rather it will just use variance in density.

Anyway... here's the image:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HillThing_Stages1.jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	971.5 KB 
ID:	55792

Onwards and upwards...

Edit: Gah! I pasted the wrong final image into that larger one. Nevermind, it was made from the same template but had been regenerated into something I found a little less pleasing. That is why the outlines on the previous image do not match the final one. D'oh!
    Last edited by Ramah; 07-01-2013 at 03:57 PM.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

Blog Entries

Still using the same limited brushset...

A mountain range with generated shadows yesterday.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HillThing_Shadows1.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	632.5 KB 
ID:	56237

Thank for you program Ramah. I used it with custom trees and here's the result so far.

Attachment 56391

This is only a portion of the trees I have avaible but I still need to improve them a bit in order to have more homogeneity.

Attachment 56392

creating snowy forest

Pictures removed because I did not own the rights.

but I might have problems with the last one...
    Last edited by Azélor; 03-03-2015 at 07:14 PM.

Blog Entries

Hey Azelor, glad you are liking the program and thanks for showing what you're doing with it. Loving your snowy brushes.

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 LastLast