Thread: TreeThing

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

New version posted up. Changes are...

New version - 0.6

1) Fixed the "Remove Misplaced Trees" function so that it should work properly now. It is customisable in the bottom bar to increase/decrease allowed tolerance of what constitutes a misplaced tree. Making it too large will probably create strange results.
    2) Added a "Remove Overlapping Trees" function. This will do as it says on the tin and remove all overlapping trees. So if you want a forest with no overlapping, feel free to add larger jitters than normal.
    3) Edited all the brush sets so that they now all have reverse shading. (removed original Vaniya set as shading was built in... and they were crap. )
    4) Added "Merge masks" which doesn't do a lot other than to remove any tolerance on masks clipping so that if you want a blanket forest with merged trees you can use this layer and just stroke it in post imaging.
    5) Renamed certain things to make way for expansion into hills and mountains.
    6) Changed the filename specifications on the brush masks to "mask" instead of "alpha" as this just makes more sense.
    7) Various little bits and bobs.

Edit: Forgot to add... with the "Remove Misplaced Tree" function it currently doesn't resize its parameters depending on tree size like it does for other things. So this will probably need manually adjusting if you change tree scale for now. I intended to fix it for this post but I ran out of time and doubt I'll get chance to work on it for a few days now and wanted to get this out.
    Last edited by Ramah; 08-21-2010 at 04:48 PM.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt