Thread: TreeThing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hey guys, I thought that this tree program might be useful for a lot more than trees, so I made some (bad) experimental brushes for mountains and tried them out. The program seems to automatically downsize large brushes automatically a good bit, so the objects came out pretty pixilated--resizing them and applying a filter or two in photoshop fixed that a little bit. It would be neat if changing the size of the actual brushes would adjust the resolution of the actual output rather than being resized, (to better accommodate making a really large 300dpi map), but this is still amazingly useful.

The only peculiarity was that sometimes it applies the wrong shadow and shading to the wrong mountain, but I can't help but thinking maybe that was my fault somehow.

Basically, I was thinking about making a mountain brush set and a hill brush set as well. Then I could make a continent shape, three different masks indicating where I wanted each feature (mountains, hills, and trees) then click, click, click, I'd have a crazy-easy way to generate tolkien-esque maps.

Anyway, really amazing program, Ramah. You'll get some well deserved rep from me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mount experiment.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	490.7 KB 
ID:	28078  
    Last edited by RecklessEnthusiasm; 08-16-2010 at 12:42 PM.