Thread: TreeThing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I just discovered this thread - wow this looks awesome (bothe TreeThings and HillThing) I will be playing with these in a little while. Thanks for sharing your time and talent.

Guild Novice

Hi, Ramah.

I`ve been using TreeThing for quite some time, and would like to make some additions to the source code. Namely, I`d like to add an option to have TreeThing change the poarsity of plotted elements according to the PNG mask's transparency, and I`d also like to add an option to the brush rescaling which would allow the app to be used for Mountains as well as trees more seamlessly.

Could I interest you in putting TreeThing in a GIThub, or in sharing the source code with the community?

Thanks,

D.

Quote Originally Posted by D1060 View Post
    Hi, Ramah.

I`ve been using TreeThing for quite some time, and would like to make some additions to the source code. Namely, I`d like to add an option to have TreeThing change the poarsity of plotted elements according to the PNG mask's transparency, and I`d also like to add an option to the brush rescaling which would allow the app to be used for Mountains as well as trees more seamlessly.

Could I interest you in putting TreeThing in a GIThub, or in sharing the source code with the community?

Thanks,

D.
    I'd like to second this. Ideally HillThing, TreeThing, etc. should all be shared. After all, we are supposed to be a "community" right? :-)

Caveat: I wrote a paper called "The Success of Openness" about open-source development when I was an instructor at the University of Michigan, and am an open-source advocate.

Guild Apprentice

As the original developer of TreeThing, I agree.
    Making it open source allows for others to add new features, improve already existing features, and clean up the code.