It definitely has me trying to zoom in, come on! Zoom you sucker!
When I look at city maps I usually find myself trying to deduce the evolution of the place.
Here we have a river crossing type origin. I would imagine that the large water expanse is a large lake rather than an ocean as there are no indicators for tidal action.
Trade must be good, the place is busy and wealthy enough to "afford/need" considerable defenses. I imagine there will be fields around and docks to come?
Some aspects don't quite seem to "fit" as it were?
I could easily imagine that the city originally started on or around the little island. It would likely be the easiest crossing place (e.g. shorter bridges) and is defensible from the start. There's no reason why the city wouldn't migrate downstream as it grew but something in me would like to see, at least, the remnants of the old?
City gates. I don't quite see the leader(s) of the city building two gatehouses so close together - in two places. Gatehouses represent possible weak points in a defensive perimeter and would be minimised. Maybe just have a single bigger one with two gates one after the other? It's more logical to raze a few buildings to "tidy up" the street design than build two gate houses.
When is there gonna be a zoom feature!!!???