Thread: July/August Entry: Cavern Arena

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Some more updates, worked the cavern walls around the arena added some benches for the spectators as well as the royalty thrones. I created a pile of skulls and added that to the arena floor as well.

It seems I've had a malfunction with posting images: My original map is 4200x5100 pixels & 300x300ppi which is 14"x17" print size - (I want to share the image at less than full resolution like the professionals do so folks still purchase their full versions.)
    I changed the 300ppi to 100x100ppi and then reduced the image size back to 14"x17" which resulted in actually reducing the pixel count to about 1/3 of the original :O
    I believe I only want to reduce that BY 1/3, not TO 1/3 size. So, this one has been reduced as follows: 300 to 100ppi, Pixels from 4200x5100 down to 2772x3367.

If anyone is practiced at this and knows if I am doing this correctly please give me the nod.
    I want to get into the practice of doing correctly in case my dream comes true and I one day start publishing things. Also, as others have asked it's how to share without giving everything away.

The reason I noticed my error was because the skulls were reduced so badly they were unrecognizable. The goal is to look good on the screen but fall short when printed, I think anyway.

This one should be much better to look at and is also saved as .jpg @ 85% quality which saves megabytes.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cavern Arena.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	1.95 MB 
ID:	27803  
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt