Thread: July/August Entry: Cavern Arena

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Yeppers, I can post the original drawing if folks are interested. Basically, I drew it in my sketch pad, scanned it in and then worked it over in Gimp. Thank you for the complement! It is a very big complement in my opinion and I would be amiss if I did not acknowledge some influence from Torstan's works. I think I speak for us all when I say I always enjoy seeing his new projects.

Short story: I actually did 3 different versions, and after each I stuck my pad in front of my wife and asked, "What's this look like?" Man, she's so brutal - the first one she said, "It looks like a Cinnamon Roll." (Dangit! I knew I had failed on the 3d look) Initially for this one she said looked like a ramp going downwards. I figured at least I had the effect working now. After shading and working it over a bit more I think it works.

Update - More balconies (that still need some character added to them. Added the rail for the cages to roll in on.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cavern Arena.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	27762  
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt