I hate the money side, too. It's the main reason I don't actively seek commissions. If someone sends me a PM I'm more than likely to take it (no matter price) but I don't go around soliciting...I've no idea. I've done about 6 commissions: 2 freebies, 2 fifty buckers, and 2 hundred smackers (one for a book an the last guy I said to him "pay me what you think" and left it at that). If I tried to do it for the money then I'd have to compete with guys well established in the biz (much better, too) and some good friends from The Guild...I can't do that so I don't. I get my thrill from teaching and, hopefully, inspiring - my money from my glass. Jax, you're example is spot on for me...I look at everyone else and say to myself "love those colors, gotta learn that" or "gotta try that technique someday" or "dang, he upped the ante so I need to practice". Maybe we're not a true guild per se, but more of a friendly competition (like golfers or bowlers) with some art critique and teaching thrown in. Plus some humor, can't forget the humor. Now if only we could get a dart board and a shuffleboard table in here...and, of course, waitresses.