Thread: darrenkitlor's Abeir-Toril Map - Forgotten Realms

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Novice Facebook Connected darren_kitlor's Avatar

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, I used the 2.0 edition Interactive Atlas as a base and am upscaling. Many details, however, are being added from the 3.0 edition Faerun map (by far the most beautiful of FR maps).

I've considering trying to warp the layer to projection that doesn't distort polar regions. There's a chance people might not recognize it as much though.

Tough dilemma.

I've spent the better part of the day removing artifacts (since I use layer blending for shoreline effects - I have to remove rogue pixels) and drawing the rives. I'm close to completing roughly 75% of the rivers. I have to go back and decide if I want to "add-in" rivers to "terra Incognita" sections of the map.

I've established a color/drop shadow scheme for cities, capitals, countries/affiliations, geographic regions, varying bodies of water, and mountain ranges. Very cool stuff.

Anyways, I hope to have the artifact stuff done by Wednesday so I can start adding coloring layers and using blending options inventively for mountains to complement the height map.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected darren_kitlor's Avatar

Wip Getting Closer...

Big Update:
    While I haven't finalized the colors or the political map data, this is the closest to a good map I've felt (this is only a 12% zoom - the full scale is actually 16000x9000 pixels or a staggering 144 MP)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TorilMap.jpg 
Views:	75486 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	28200

There may or may not be professional interest in this map.