Thread: Pokemon Stadium 3D [WIP]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Crayons,

I really enjoyed reading that! I would like to start learning more about 3d modeling in my free time. I was thinking about asking about 3d programs, but it looks like I didn't have to.

I actually know absolutely nothing about programming, so maybe jumping into POVray would be premature. I am interested in fiddling with zbrush (like I said) and that feels like a huge undertaking at the moment. It has taken me maybe three years to feel like I "know" photoshop, and I imagine 3d programs will be far more complex. I like Sketchup because I basically felt like I was up and running in about five minutes. So far none of the other 3d programs have felt the same--thousands of buttons, all of them unfamiliar. I'm sure I'll start branching out each time I hit a wall of 'some thing I really want to do but can't' in any particular program. I've hit that in sketchup, since I can't effectively sculpt people or animals, or add light sources. I keep finding myself wishing I'd gone to school for these things!

Oh well, there is always more to learn, so at least I'll never get bored.

Slapped on a background and added some stadium lightning.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pokemon Stadium.jpg 
Views:	7356 
Size:	4.13 MB 
ID:	28130