Thread: Pokemon Stadium 3D [WIP]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Don't let me lead you astray but POV isn't really "software" in a traditional sense - not a "serious" language like C or the like. I know, I'm still wrestling with learning Python and that's supposed to be easy!
    POVRay is more like "make a box this by this by this...size, rotate it thus, move it over there and paint it that colour" but all in text.
    box{ < -1, -2, -1>, < 1, 2, 1> rotate 30*y translate < 100, 50, 24> pigment {Pink} }
    done! The rest is just "other shapes" and a few BASIC style commands and functions. As you progress you start playing with the more esoteric bits

Animals and people, well, yah, POV doesn't do that implicitly either. I've bought Poser 8 but only really played with it a little. Looking at the Bryce people you could do well to get DAZ Studio which looks rather free at the moment. I loaded it all but I've not played with any of it yet. There's just SO much out there!

if you ever feel like POVving it, here's a starter file with a basic workshop environment to play with if you want?
    starter.zip
    It's a zip file just to get it past the uploader

One thing though. Keep an eye on import/export options available. Most of the progs out there can share "produce" in some form or other but POV is a tad "selfish" - it doesn't export much but can import a fair amount (meshes basically).

I've rambled on again.
    Lights, yes, your arena seems to have lost its shadows!
    Last edited by Crayons; 08-18-2010 at 02:15 AM.
    --
    "I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man"

My Finished Stuff
    ............. Some of my 3D Stuff (POVRay)