Thread: Noobie need help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Member Facebook Connected cjs0216's Avatar

If you are looking to import a scan or something into a program like GIMP, I would suggest looking at Giddie's Handdrawn Map Tutorial in which he starts it off by using an already created map, if that's the style you are going for anyways. It's pretty impressive and he uses some shortcuts to make the process go a little faster. If that's not the style you want, there is a whole tutorial section and even an How Do I? forum where you can ask questions as to how certain effects are achieved.

You are stepping in to a fantasic community and I am sure you'll have no trouble finding someone to answer your software specific problems. (I forgot to mention that there's a forum section for that as well)

Welcome to the Guild, Sir.
    "It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." -Jiddu Krishnamurti

not really what i am looking for I am looking to do something more like take this map title test map.png and update it from that plan look to like the one in Town Battle.jpg. I start to do so with dunjinni but had problems with it roof not layering on top of walls. I am not going to to get into the extreme detail that the town battle one is but. color and decent detail i think i can do. just need help. =)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test map.png 
Views:	199 
Size:	178.7 KB 
ID:	28116Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Town Battle.JPG 
Views:	320 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	28114Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dunjinni.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	699.1 KB 
ID:	28115