Thread: Fantasy World Map (Satellite View)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Member Facebook Connected cjs0216's Avatar

I'm certainly not an expert, but it seems to me that the the continent with a lot of desert wouldn't have moutains with such huge ice caps bordering it. As a rule of thumb, and I'm sure that someone will correct me if I'm wrong, I would, from bottom to top go something like Ice Cap (a whitish color), Tundra (ie siberia in russia-a greyish color), some, and I can't think of the name of the climate zone, light greenish areas, along and near the equator you'll have your lush green areas as well as your biggest deserts..actually scratch what I just said...This wikipedia page, on tundras...lol has a chart on the right hand side of terrestrial biomes in the order, i assume, going from a polar cap towards the equator. Hope this helps ya man.

Though I wouldn't worry about getting every little zone in it's proper place, I would just be worried about not having say a tundra right next to a tropical forrest...in other words don't make jumps that far in planning the climate zones.
    Last edited by cjs0216; 08-17-2010 at 05:09 PM. Reason: thought of something else to say
    "It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." -Jiddu Krishnamurti