Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: August entry: Go Yurt!

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

if you need some energy eat some yoguhrt.. ah... I allready made that joke... dammit... well, looking good but those trees need way longer shadows cause I'm guessing they are sligthly higher than a bed?
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I was thinking about that too; the trees really do need longer shadows.

One thing I just noticed that I thought was pretty sweet is the 'war room' with the little map on the table.

I disagree. Since the trees are outside, they would have different length shadows than the objects inside. I assume that the image is sometime around mid day so the shadows from the trees would be short. I think if you make the tree shadows too long, it will distract from the important part of the map -- the stuff inside the yurt.

Well, I was thinking in my mind it was closer to dusk when I was working on the insides. I also think Vandal is right if I put long shadows it might be distracting....maybe it can be late at night and only the moon is out.....course, then I need to dark the heck out of everything. Hmm, guess I'll see what some longer shadows look like and determine if they are too distracting. Or, better idea yet, these are scrub trees and are only about 4' high

@Diamond - Yeah I liked putting that little war room together with the map and the books. There is also a little desk with an open book and quill in the two bed chamber. The war room is probably still my favorite though.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Ok, bigger drop shadows and I actually changed the tint of the outside a bit and I think I like this better. It's not quite as "green" and yet the trees are more green.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yurt stepsave2.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	4.32 MB 
ID:	28600  
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 08-30-2010 at 09:01 PM.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345