Thread: Eleven years and Counting...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

As one of the two continents I felt was near-perfectly shaped for my tastes, I've put more work in on the relief map of Atrusia, the central continent, largely going back to my description of the continent, which divides it into four primary sections, and come up with the following...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Atrusia Map (New) 2.png 
Views:	98 
Size:	753.6 KB 
ID:	28300

In the westernmost section is an area with rich soil in the foothills, primarily used for farming -- the products most grown here are grapes, fermentable berries, and citrus groves, though in recent years some farmers moving east into the cooler terrain of the mountains have begun growing tea-like plants called kahf, and leng'eni orchards. While the kahf takes well to the climate and grows quickly, none of the leng'eni orchards have produced a harvest yet, but the first harvest is expected next year.

In the west-central region are flatlands which are largely used by farming communities focused on grains or raising horses or the drakom, one of several large lizards which serve as the primary livestock on this world. There are two large cities in this area, Karishé, a former farming settlement which now serves as the capital of the Aldrak State on Atrusia, encompassing everything west of the Great Desert, and Chogral, a relatively new port city which has grown immensely in the dozen years since it was founded, and became a large city only two years ago.

In the central region is the Great Desert, containing the Orkish state of Dzek Evar, and the Adin Imperial Military Training Preserve, a natural basin which is home to an Adin Imperial Military operated "summer camp" which runs 2-month sessions year-round for both early enlisters and those willing to pay for military training before an adventuring life. Dzek Evar is s small state primarily occupying the region made habitable by the coast, and their primary exports are iron and slate, which are both mined from a mineral rich region of the desert just south of the Dzek Evar capital city, Sylkaren.

At the eastern end is the Orinthé Mountain Range, which has a few cities and is considered to belong to the Adin Empire as an Imperial Territory, rather than being a state. The largest of these cities is named Orinthé, which was until recently the primary port for the entire continent. Orinthé is still a large and bustling port city, and it trades various metals, minerals and gems mined from the Orinthé Mountains, as well as being the single largest hub of magical research and training on the continent.

Obviously, right now there are no markings for the cities or state divisions, but those will come over the next few days.

So with a few more days of work, I've constructed borders and labels for the primary polities on the continent of Atrusia. While cities and major locations are not yet marked, the map itself is starting to finally shape up for me in a such way that I can better understand the stories I've written on it. Currently uploaded is the version labeled in English, though I also created labels in to of my con-scripts. Orks on this world are known as prolific mappers, so one version is labeled in my Orkav script, and the other in the Modern Adin Script. If anybody wants, I can upload lower resolution copies of those versions of the map, but the English is nice since I can more freely manipulate the text shape.

Anyway, while I will be continuing to work on my maps of Atrusius, I have an RP exploring a metafictional world coming up -- an author on Atrusius originally created the world of Apoxe for a story, and I'm now exploring that world through RP. In the next few days I'll probably start a thread for my maps of Apoxe and places in Apoxe.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Atrusia Map (New) 3.png 
Views:	72 
Size:	2.67 MB 
ID:	28406