Another day, another iteration...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Atrusia Map (New) 4.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	684.4 KB 
ID:	28422

With this, I have populated the continent -- primarily by my sort of human analogues, but also there's one elf city, a few ork cities, and the eastern mountains are full of dwarves. Today I did an extra pass of difference clouds for the terrain, which creates some sharp ravines in areas and helps with the overall sense of depth, I think. Today's iteration was all about cities. From Achí Kiyoda (New Kyoda) to Zembrald (roughly means "Calm Lake"), and all the names in between. What I discovered today: I do have a clean font that I made for Adinjo! The script is meant to look similar to Greek, and many of the symbols are close in pronunciation to what someone familiar with greek might expect, but it's not just Greek letters. A few are personal derivations or creations, or at least don't owe their pronunciation here to anything I'm used to.

The stars represent the capital cities, along with larger text names for the capitals, with one special exception: Ankor Blák (Camp Black) isn't a city -- it's the military training camp I mentioned above, however "Ch'honthía Blák" to the north of it is a city -- Port Black, originally just a military port for supplying the camp, has grown to be a proper city with some civilian shipping operations in the port along with the camp supplies. It's common for prospective adventurers going to the camp from the northern continent to dock in Port Black and board a riverboat going upstream for their camping session.

There is one unlabeled city on here -- it may or may not be on the next version with its name (Kork Tsald), and it's a city that established inside the Dzek Edar mining operations to allow the miners to stay near work for longer periods of time by allowing them to have homes that were made to be permanent (though most are rented for a worker's work season and then rented to the next worker as they cycle) and allowing them to bring families if they want, as well as having well cooked foods instead of just campfire cooked meals all of the time. As the city was founded on one of the first abandoned mine sites, about 10 years ago, efforts are being made to take what spare water is available to help bring some color, aside from rock walls, to the area. So far little besides scrub grass has taken, but once it starts enriching the soil, there are hopes that some green can be brought to the middle of the desert -- aside from the orks themselves.