Quote Originally Posted by Krome View Post
Thanks, I like that sand added. No idea why I did not add any sand! And they ARE giant scorpions after all! lol

This was an attempt to do a proof of concept for me. That is why the image is small. I just wanted to see if it would work well enough. I am torn between two map styles for what I need. This style I know and understand, at least I think I can do well enough for my needs. The other style I have never tried. More of a "hand drawn" look, similar to what you see in the front of the Lord of the Rings and other such epic fantasy books. I picture this style as if on a parchment, with vague inverted Vs for mountains, wavy lines for waves on a river, soft wide Cs on the side for hills, with a soft shading throughout. Never tried that though! lol maybe try and find a tut on that style if there is one... then try it out and compare...

If you take a look at my sig, there is a link to an old tutorial for just that style. And in my WIP maps, there is a partially completed map of Baldimar which uses that exact style. I have figured out some better ways to make the mountains look more isometric in a few doodles, but nothing down on the computer as of yet.