Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: WIP - Long Term Doodle - Plumton, the town of Prunes

Well, time for another update?
    I've done most of the "slummy" area now, it has some more interesting buidings dotted around in it, but due to the cramped street layout, there isn't alot of space to put people in there. However, I snuck in a "mugging".
    Anyway, I've posted this one so that it shows some of the stages/methods I've worked out (during this whole thing!) to try and keep the isographics correct. It involves using a line tool and a fixed "floor" height marker. The source height marker I copy is up by the scale ruler. To make it genuinely hand drawn (or pad drawn, I suppose) I go over all the 1 pix straight lines with my 2 pix "brush". I do allow wandering off the guide line quite often. I don't want it to be geometrically perfect or anything.
    'nuff said I guess.
    The new BIG building - the Prune Guild - has 2 spare podiums for statues ontop of the facade. At the moment there's a central Prune (at the top) and a male and female figure each side "adoring" the Prune. Anyone want to suggest some statues for the last two positions????

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scribble14.png 
Views:	145 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	29473
    --
    "I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man"

My Finished Stuff
    ............. Some of my 3D Stuff (POVRay)

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Everyone will be thinking it so I'll just say it...someone needs to be in the fecal position. The other one needs to be knock-kneed like they're holding it in. Oh, and you need a huge telescope sticking out of the tower so that we can survey the lands. Always love to see blown-up alchemy labs.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I guess it's all right !!!!

AH, yes, the fecal chappie. The lower portico-thingy has a pastiche of the Thinker doing basically that while contemplating a pile of prunes. That's supposed to be a rather modern toilet roll next to him. Hard to do at this resolution....

edit: Oh, yes. I did consider your idea for putting member names in, Mr Ascension, but people might feel slighted if I missed them out so... but I'm cool with CG "stuff" - like the River Police, "Thumbnail Scraper" and "Unsplittable River" already in there...
    Last edited by Crayons; 09-19-2010 at 07:38 PM.
    --
    "I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man"

My Finished Stuff
    ............. Some of my 3D Stuff (POVRay)

A statue of a plum tree?

I love the fact that the "Mason's Guild" is about to fall over! I also like that the post office is called "Going Postal" This map is beautiful!

It's almost like looking at a "where's Waldo?" book... There are all of these humorous little tidbits about like the two horses humping.
    Last edited by landorl; 09-20-2010 at 10:42 PM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

We actually have a place here called Goin' Postal to compete with the FedEx/Kinkos and UPS stores. Like it nonetheless.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

This is drifting slowly towards Discworldian epicness...
    Last edited by cfds; 09-23-2010 at 05:10 AM.

Great, great stuff. I'm really looking forward to see the cartographers tower finished.

Q

Blog Entries

LOL @ "Regularis Ex Prunus"... is that guy sat on the toilet?
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast