Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: WIP - Long Term Doodle - Plumton, the town of Prunes

The guy on the toilet is supposed to be the usual cliché image of Rodin's "Thinker" - "on the job", as it were. Yes. Contemplating a pile of prunes - as one does. The Latin is almost certainly wrong - pidgin Latin works for me tho!
    I'm curious that no one has mentioned yet either the Monty Python reference or the dead snorkeller? Perhaps they were just being polite?
    --
    "I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man"

My Finished Stuff
    ............. Some of my 3D Stuff (POVRay)

Ok..I just found the dead snorkler, but for the life of me cannot find a reference to MP(well, not one I am sure about anyway)...
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Pretty amazing stuff. For the life of me i could not find the dead snorkeler.
    "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government."

My Albums - My Portfolio

Oh, OK!
    It's actually down to me and whether I managed to portray these things with the pixels I got ! It's kinda tricky and it's useful to know if you could identify things or not.

SPOILER ALERT ----
    The snorkeller is one of the "catch" the fismonger has on the quayside by the fishtrap (hence the addition "(tourist)"). The Monty Python reference is next to the lock - and is supposed to be the "fish dance" skit.
    --
    "I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man"

My Finished Stuff

Are the two men with the fishes the Monty Python reference?

--

My Finished Stuff

I think this is most of the buildings done. I still have "stuff" to add to the streets but I'm having inspirational problems as to what. There's also the border and textual elements so I'm probably gonna let this stew as it is for a while and add things as they come to me.
    I would really appreciate any comments and especially critique on this at this stage. It'd also be extremely useful if there are any bits you don't understand or can't figure out what the drawing is? It's obvious to me coz I drew it but the resolution means that I may not have succeeded it getting it across?
    Anyway, here's the latest update, I hope the CG Tower is up to scratch?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scribble15.png 
Views:	124 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	29751
    --

My Finished Stuff

Oh my god.

You are quite mad, you know. Geez, dude. This is frikkin' awesome. I'm sure I repped you for this but you deserve it again. Nice work.
    M

this is awesome! I tried to do some pieces that detailled but just couldn't get myself motivated over and over ... so you got get my respect just for keeping at it... and with that it looks great too... a perfect example of how details do make the difference. gz man!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast