Thread: WIP - Long Term Doodle - Plumton, the town of Prunes

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The problem with doodling is it gets more-ish! I did some POVray models for a mate and sent them, then, while waiting for a reply picked up the tablet again. Several hours later!!!
    Yah, you lose all sorts of overall view of isometrics when you're zoomed in but for some reason, I don't care? It just seems to emphasise the niaive quality of the cartooniness (is that a word?)
    Anyway, what it does need is some inspiration for buildings, so if you guys can suggest stuff? I've got blacksmith on my list and I'm dreading a stables/corral thing coz I can't draw animals. There's going to be some plum drying racks (it's the world's Prune Capital after all !) but shortly after that my list is drying up. Suggestions most welcome. C & C's also but it isn't meant to be a work of High Art or anything, just a bit of fun.
    Oh, yes. I want lots of things going on - like the boy with the hoop. I'd like it to be one of those pictures where you just keep looking for things... if I can?
    Cheers!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scribble02.png 
Views:	197 
Size:	401.2 KB 
ID:	28533

ooops! Forgot!
    mearrin69 & jfrazierjr : erm, no, I wasn't going to colour it. I'll certainly think about it. I've since realised what the style reminds me of - it's those postcards with drawings of a place that you ( well I ) don't usually buy! Colouring it in might make it look a bit like the lid of a tin of shortcake or something! LOL!

Acension : that's an idea about having a picture of something to look at, only, I don't have one, so I guess I'll just doodle on...

cheers!
    Last edited by Crayons; 08-28-2010 at 05:32 PM. Reason: ooops
    --
    "I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man"

My Finished Stuff
    ............. Some of my 3D Stuff (POVRay)