Thread: WIP - Tower of Waiting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm starting off with area 8 to figure out how I'm going to do this because the rest of the dungeon can pretty much be on the same floor layout. So basically what I've done so far is hand drawn a 1 inch grid on standard paper and drew my outline with walls and bricks including some shading with the bricks. Then scanned it and used the fill tool with a stone based texture in GIMP and then colorized, to reach this current step. Gonna try and add some more browns and earth tones to make the brick more realistic. Only one question though what kind of filters should i apply to make the end product more glossy less edgy in appearance and get ride of speckling. I know it still pretty dirty looking from the scan but just wanted to see what people thought.

P.S. Going to edit this post throughout out the night.

Edit 01: scrapped what I had and restarted a new trace out without shading per previously with pencil to avoid noise in texture or minimize at least and added earth tones. I'm generally satisfied with the colors and setup just need to find a way to make it look less frayed and pixelated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tower02.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	28538  
    Last edited by geamon; 08-28-2010 at 09:30 PM.
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.