Thread: An attempt at mapping using economics.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

I have another movie. This one has houses preventing the non owner from being able to pass through it. Also the houses cant initially be built on a path. I have added some more code where fields also now partially prevent access and that crops now grow in two stages. One where the farmer can increase growth rate then it goes into a phase where they cant. It forces them to replant a new square instead of standing on it tending it to completion. I added some code but had to take it out again but I will recode it differently such that houses decay and can be upkept again. In this way, houses that are not visited by the owner decay. That may be the case when the area is so built up that he cannot get to his house. This is how I would like to guarantee access to all houses. I am also now counting the access to all materials so that characters bias what they are doing based on the ability to get at more of the stuff. Therefore they are prepared to lose common stuff for rare stuff or want stuff they don't own more. This, of course, is in preparation for trading which I see as essential to the cause here.

I like this movie because at the end it has some nice paths to the resources on the map. In a sense, some intelligent order has come out of the economics - something I am hoping that we will see more and more of, else this whole program is pointless. What were seeing as the intelligence is merely the optimization that comes from minimizing the expenditure of effort so I have something right there, Tho you will see people bouncing between two squares which is clearly wrong so I will have to look into why thats happening.

Anim6a

I thought id include a pic of the anim if left to continue until the trees almost depleted. Now that its built loads of houses they are in sort of streets or at least blocks of built up areas. This is why I need to ruin some of the houses so that we can form new streets. You can see now that the streets are well worn but they don't form any kind of sensible structure since there's no reason to go to and from all of these houses. Eventually I think this will sort itself out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TestPic4.png 
Views:	92 
Size:	15.5 KB 
ID:	29771  
    Last edited by Redrobes; 09-28-2010 at 03:14 PM.