Thanks Alfar. Its going to be slow progress for a while until the engine is more complete then I will be able to add more interesting stuff and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by tilt View Post
so when andy gots his drink and food an shack (not the naughty one) - he just need a table, quill and ink and he can start mapping
Heh yeah that would be good AI wouldn't it. Computer spawns new villager. Computer applies skills to him including level 30 in cartography. Computer makes request of villager what kind of village he wants. Save & Exit !

On my Dev list I have a few immediate things I need to do. In order:
1.) Get human to work out best path to stated transaction location.
2.) Get them walking along path adding to path amounts on the map.
3.) Making character perform the chosen transaction when at the transaction location.
4.) I need to group similar items together into collections. This would allow me to set a requirement of more than 1 arm load of planks to make a shack for example.
5.) I need transactions which don't result in a desire change or an item being produced but are events. One of the events is to modify the quality of an item. I.e. If they are planing wood into planks then the planks should start rough and get better. Or crops get tended to grow faster, or patch up the shack into a better one.

Dunno when I will be able to do some of this next.